Welcome to the Surfside Beach Moose Lodge, Surfside Beach, SC website. This site was developed for communication from the Lodge to it’s Members. If this is your first visit, you are welcome to explore the many pages we have already set-up and encourage you to come back often to view our updates. The top of the page lists the main sub-menus (News, Calendar, Photos, About, etc.) For the most current happenings at the Lodge, click on the Current Events Tab. Click on any of the other tabs for their related information.
We are an international organization of men and women, dedicated to caring for children in need, looking out for our senior members, while bringing our local communities together and celebrating Life.
MOOSEHEART : CHILD CITY & SCHOOL IS A RESIDENTIAL AND EDUCATIONAL FACILITY LOCATED 40 MILES WEST OF CHICAGO. MOOSEHEART IS ALL ABOUT SECOND CHANCES AND BRIGHTER FUTURES FOR THE CHILDREN WHO LIVE THERE.
MOOSEHAVEN: CITY OF CONTENTMENT IS SET ON 70 ACRES ON THE BANKS OF THE ST. JOHNS RIVER IN ORANGE PARK, FL. THIS RESIDENTIAL RETIREMENT COMMUNITY IS AN OUTSTANDING BENEFIT OF MOOSE MEMBERSHIP. FOR NEARLY 90 YEARS MOOSEHAVEN HAS PROVIDED HAS PROVIDED FOR THE WELL-BEING OF MOOSE MEMBERS AND THEIR SPOUSES IN THEIR SUNSET YEARS.
(For the protection of our tax free status and Constitutional Right of Privacy)
“YOU ARE EITHER A MEMBER OR A GUEST!”
- All active members of the Order shall be admitted to the social quarters of any lodge
of the Loyal Order of Moose unless his or her privileges have been suspended in
accordance with the laws of the Order.
- Only the following persons may be admitted as a “qualified guest” into the social
quarters or home of any lodge of the Order:
A. An active lodge or chapter member’s spouse. (Note – There are no limits on
the number of times a spouse may be admitted as a guest.)
B. An active lodge or chapter member’s immediate family. (Note – there are no
limits on the number of times a spouse or qualified family member under the
age of 21 may be admitted as a guest, however, all other immediate family
members would be limited to two visits as they now qualify as a prospective
member of the person signing them into the social quarters.)
C. A prospective member is defined as any guest that is accompanied by a
member who can sponsor them for membership in the Order, with the
exception listed in 2 (a) of this section. As permitted by the Board of Officers,
a prospective member may be admitted subject to the following:
- The prospective member is accompanied at all times by his or her
- The prospective member is properly signed in as a guest.
- The prospective member shall not make purchases.4. The prospective member shall leave when his or her sponsor leaves.
- The prospective member shall be limited to two (2) visits.
- All adult guests must be signed in the guest book and leave when the member
- Only active members of the Order, whose active status has been verified, are
permitted to make purchases. Unless prohibited by local law, the sale of
refreshments to qualified minor family guests is permitted. It is the responsibility of
the Board of Officers to ensure that all persons entering the lodge home and social
quarters are either active members or qualified guests. It is recommended that the
Board of Officers adopt a method of distinguishing members and guests to prevent
guests from inadvertently making purchases.
- Members shall at all times be responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Gentlemanly/ladylike (orderly) conduct is required of all persons in the social
quarters or home at all times.
- The Supreme Council may adopt additional rules and regulations for the operation of
social quarters by Moose lodges and these rules and regulations shall be effective
as provided in the written action of the Supreme Council.
- Each member of the Order shall submit proof of membership when requested by any
member of the Board of Officers or its authorized person.
- Using the social quarters for any lodge or chapter community service activity is
prohibited unless prior approval is obtained from the General Governor. The term “guests” includes non-member spouses. A member in expired status shall not enter any lodge except to pay dues. An expired member does not qualify to be admitted as a guest.
Before making a purchase each day, each member should display his or her
membership card. Approved applicants for membership, prior to enrollment and
becoming a member shall not make purchases.
Using the social quarters for any lodge or chapter community service activity is
prohibited unless prior approval is obtained from the General Governor.
Expelled members shall not enter any lodge or social quarters as a guest or
otherwise except by dispensation of the General Governor.
No illegal activity shall take place in the social quarters at any time. Any member
other than a law enforcement officer in the line of duty possessing an unapproved
firearm or other deadly weapon on lodge property shall be expelled unless the General
Governor has granted an exemption. UPDATE TO SURRFSIDE BEACH MOOSE LODGE GUEST POLICY ……….
- STARTING, JUNE 23, 2020. MEMBERS MAY BRING ONE GUEST PER MEMBER INTO OUR LODGE. SPOUSES AND SIGNIFICANT OTHERS DO NOT COUNT AS GUESTS. MEMBERSHIP CARDS WILL CONTINUE TO BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR ON BUSY NIGHTS AND AS ALWAYS BY THE BARTENDERS AND WAITSTAFF FOR EVERYONE.
- THE” TWO VISITS ONLY FOR GUESTS OR BECOME A MEMBER” MOOSE GUEST POLICY WILL BE ENFORCED.
Questions concerning the Private Policy should be directed to the office of the
General Governor. Phone: (630) 966-2207, Fax: (630)-966-2208